The Sydney Private Hospital comprises of 8 theatres with 3 dedicated ophthalmic theatres, inpatient rehabilitation and surgical beds, a Day Only Rehabilitation program including hydrotherapy. Specialties include orthopaedics, ophthalmology, general surgery, bariatric, urology and plastic surgery.
Located in the heart of Ashfield, Sydney, the hospital is surrounded by leafy gardens, several heritage buildings and is a 15 minutes’ walk away from Ashfield Station. The Hospital is well positioned for public transport by both bus and train lines with free on-site parking for staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting experienced and dedicated Registered Nurses for the role of Ophthalmology scrub/scout at The Sydney Private Hospital. The successful candidate should have 2 years experience scrubbing and circulating for Ophthalmic surgery or experience in other theatre specialities, and a desire to learn.
As a scrub/scout Registered Nurse, you will work very closely with the Senior Manager to provide patients and Visiting Practitioners with an excellent experience.
You will be part of a small team in a dedicated Ophthalmic Theatre Suite and willing to take on new roles.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE JOINING OUR TEAM WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing clinical services within the theatre that are of a high standard
- Understanding of ACORN Standards
PRE-REQUISITES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- AHPRA Registered Nurse with at least 2 years Post Graduate experience in a scrub/scout role specialising in Ophthalmic surgery or experience as a theatre scrubbing nurse
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Highly level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and willing to act as a mentor
- Consideration will be given to nurses having just finished new graduate programs with a rotation in operating theatre
BENEFITS TO JOINING WITH THIS REPUTABLE ORGANISATION:
- Welcoming and small friendly team environment;
- Excellent work place culture
- Flexible Rostering as we work closely with each individual to ensure your work life balance remains positive.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter.
Enquiries: Cathy Smith Senior Manager NSW Eye Centre- on 0437 957 183