Hospital Registered Medical Officer (RMO)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and dedicated RMO at The Sydney Private Hospital. The hospital provides surgical and rehabilitation services and is 67 beds.
The Sydney Private is located in the heart of Ashfield. It is surrounded by leafy gardens and comprises of several heritage buildings. The hospital is 10 minutes away from the CBD and well positioned for public transport by both bus and train, as well there is free onsite parking for senior staff.
The hospital offers an excellent workplace with friendly and welcoming team culture.
The Rehab unit comprises of several therapy gym areas and a large hydrotherapy pool for post surgery / injury treatment or for ongoing general reconditioning of patients.
The Surgical component has 7 operating theatres and 31 surgical beds plus a dedicated day surgery unit.
As the Hospital RMO you will work very closely with the Visiting Practitioners, the Hospital Director and the Corporate Manager. This role is a pivotal part of the clinical governance structure of hospital.
The Role involves:
- Being proactive in recommendations concerning the hospital in all aspects of medical care.
- Application of relevant clinical knowledge in rehabilitation and surgical areas to ensure the level of care remains at the highest standards.
- Ensuring the reputation of excellence is maintained to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a strong background knowledge of surgical and rehabilitation care and processes
- Provide assistance and support to the clinical nurses to review the current models of care and clinical pathways for each patient.
- Work within the Multidisciplinary team of Physiotherapists, Social workers, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians and other Managers within the hospital.
- AHPRA registration with the right to work in Australia with at least 2 years post graduate experience
- Highly refined written and verbal communication skills
- Be an Australian Citizenship or hold Permanent Residency
IPHOA offers a positive environment for progression, career enhancement and development.
Accomodation on site may be possible.
Independent Private Hospitals of Australia
63 Victoria Street
Ashfield NSW 2131